Sunday, December 17, 2000

Preethi Mixer Grinder Sound Less

SOECH_en Where my artistic inspiration comes


Since childhood I had a close relationship with art. Watched from the yard while my mom made crafts classes for children, and then, larger, accompanied the demolition to find discarded windows and doors, then raspábamos and we put in our homes. I think in those outings I was falling in love with the irons, and in general all articles containing history, which are vestiges of the past.

During my childhood my family went south almost every summer, usually camping and travel many people, sometimes without a fixed course, but always looking to have a value as natural or historical heritage. During those summers, and then my scouts camp, I got closer to nature and I knew it would always be in my life. Here I find peace and beauty that sometimes make me so elusive in the urban world. Appears to contain all the wisdom and balance that we need.

After school, my brother invited me to visit the island Toto ("Loco Fever") where he lived for several months. At that time, and several visits later, I lived strong experiences with the sea. I became friends with the fishermen, and they had the chance to go fishing, to open and operate a fish, dive, to see sea lions and dolphins at my fingertips, or spend whole nights in a boat just looking at the moon.

watched as the sea is everything in their lives, and somehow all these experiences were making a strong passion in me. I marvel at the marine world and all its inhabitants. I'm intrigued to be a parallel world, mysterious, obscure, but nevertheless is full of life and beauty.

The sea became in a perpetual source of inspiration, and even materials I have collected it, when displayed at low tide the remains of human life, corroded by rust. The island also comes the greatest gift you received. A whale skeleton 7 meters long, 65 bone white and perfect that I used in various art installations.

works I present today are born from these experiences. To go collecting various objects that I speak of past histories, and slowly bring them together with others, to become new beings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment